Use the ShipStation integration to manage orders across your ecommerce channels and automate MCF fulfillment.
Connect ShipStation to MCF
To integrate ShipStation with your MCF account:
- Navigate to “Account Settings”.
- Select “Shipping” then click “Fulfillment Providers” from the left sidebar.
- Click “Add a Provider Account”.
- Select the “Fulfillment by Amazon” tile for the Amazon country account you want to connect, then click “Connect”.
- In a new tab or browser window, log in to Amazon Seller Central.
- Navigate to “Appstore” and then “Manage Your Apps”.
- Click “Authorize new developer”.
- Enter the Developer Name and Developer Account Number listed in Step 4 of the ShipStation connection window into the appropriate fields in the Amazon screen.
- Click “Next”, accept the license agreement, and click “Next”.
- You’ll be presented with codes for your Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and MWS Auth Token. You’ll need to enter those in ShipStation. Copy your Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and MWS Auth Token from Amazon and enter them into the matching fields in the ShipStation connection window. Note: For the US marketplace, the Marketplace ID should be set to ATVPDKIKX0DER.
- Click “Connect”.
For more information about connecting your ShipStation and MCF account, click here.
Add fulfillment SKUs
After your ShipStation and Amazon accounts are linked, make sure the SKU ShipStation sends to Amazon matches the SKU Amazon has listed for your product. If the Amazon SKU is different from the SKU from your website or marketplace, add a Fulfillment SKU in ShipStation in order to send orders to MCF for fulfillment. Fulfillment SKUs can be added individually or using the bulk edit feature. To learn more about the bulk edit feature, go here.
To add a Fulfillment SKU individually:
- Navigate to the “Products” tab.
- Click the SKU of the product to open the “Product Details”.
- Click the “Shipping” tab.
- Enter your MSKU in the “Fulfillment SKU” field.
- Click “Save Changes”.
For more information about adding a Fulfillment SKU, click here.
Create automation rules
Next, automate orders from a website or marketplace to MCF:
- Navigate to “Account Settings”.
- Select “Automation” then click “Automation Rules” from the left sidebar.
- Navigate to “Automation Rule” settings.
- Click “+Create a Rule”.
- Create a unique name for the rule so that you can identify it later.
- Set the criteria to determine which orders the automation rule will apply to. You can apply the automation to every order that’s imported, only to orders that match specific criteria, or only to orders that match an existing filter.
- Set the action by clicking “Add an Action”. Actions determine what ShipStation does to the order.
- Save the rule. The rule will apply to orders as soon as they enter the Awaiting Shipment status for the first time, either imported from a store, get created manually in ShipStation, or move from the On Hold status. If you would like the new rule to apply to orders that are already in the Awaiting Shipment status, click “Reprocess Automation Rules”.
Example automation rules
View automation rule examples for ShipStation and see how you can apply them to MCF.
- In Example 1, you can select Amazon in the “Set Carrier” section and FBA in the “Service” section once your accounts are connected.
- In Example 4, you can choose which marketplace you would like MCF to fulfill orders for by selecting “Marketplace”, then “Equals”, and the name of the marketplace.
Create support services & SKUs
In order to complete the setup of the ShipStation integration:
This application is offered by a third-party service provider that is not affiliated with Amazon. The information we are providing on this page is solely testimonial. Use the information if you feel it is helpful.