Manage your business with Sellercloud, the all-in-one ecommerce solution, which easily integrates with Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) to streamline fulfillment and grow your business.
With Sellercloud, enjoy features that help make managing a business easier, like:
- Reporting dashboard - Use custom and pre-made reports to gain insights into your business all in one place. The dashboard highlights information about your sales, shipping, and more.
- Inventory management - Monitor and maintain inventory levels, synced across all channels.
- Accounting support - Simplify your financial tracking and analyze expenses and cash flow accurately.
- Omnichannel setup - Use Sellercloud’s channel integrations to expand to new channels. Avoid re-entering product information across channels and instead have a central location for all product information.
- Order management - Use Sellercloud as your single resource for customer orders, from shipping confirmation to tracking.
- Ship inventory to Amazon fulfillment centers - These shipments can be created, prepared, and tracked through Sellercloud.
- List Amazon inventory on your other sales channels - Once the shipment is received and processed by the Amazon fulfillment center, the inventory will be imported into Sellercloud automatically into a designated Amazon fulfillment center to be viewed and listed on other marketplaces.
- Fulfill marketplace orders via MCF - Once an order comes in from another sales channel and needs to be fulfilled by MCF, the MCF request will be made by Sellercloud (including any specific shipping preferences or add-ons that are necessary).
- Automatic tracking upload to original sales channel - Once the order is shipped by MCF, the tracking information will be automatically updated back to Sellercloud. This information will then be sent to the original channel the order came from to update your customer.
- Track fees - Fulfillment fees will be updated on the MCF order by the Amazon Settlement Report and will be available in Sellercloud reports and reporting calculations.
For Sellercloud pricing information, click here.
Automatic MCF orders with Sellercloud
- Create an Amazon account if you don’t have one already.
- Get started with Sellercloud here.
- Set Amazon as your default fulfillment method for all of your products by navigating to “Settings”, and then “Company Settings”. Then go to “Toolbox”, and then “Amazon Settings”, and click on “Product Defaults”.
- Choose “Amazon” in the “Fulfilled By” and then click “Save”.
- Click “Settings”, then “Company Settings”, then “Toolbox”, next click “Amazon Settings”, and then choose “Product Defaults”.
To learn more about automatically fulfilling Sellercloud orders with MCF, go here.
Manual MCF orders with Sellercloud
To manually place an MCF order with Sellercloud, navigate to “Manage Orders”, and then choose the order you would like fulfilled by MCF and choose “Ship via FBA”.
Use new MCF features like unbranded packaging and blocking Amazon Logistics
In order to take advantage of unbranded packaging for your MCF orders, and blocking Amazon Logistics for a 5% surcharge for sales channels that don’t yet allow Amazon Logistics as a carrier, you need to enable the features and then manage them.
Enable new MCF features
Set up access to the new MCF features by retrieving a Selling Partner API token by following these steps:
- Submit a ticket with Sellercloud Support and request they enable a backend setting “EnableAmazonSellingPartnerAPI” and client setting “Enable Selling Partner APIs for FBA Outbound”.
- Once this is done, navigate to the “Amazon Settings” page by going to “Settings”, then “company”. Then, go to “Toolbox”, then “Amazon”, and click on “General Settings”.
- Next go to “Action” and click on “Get Selling Partner API token” and complete the requested information.
- Once this is done, the Selling Partner API Token fields should be populated. This token will refresh on its own as needed.
For more information on setting up new MCF features, go here.
Manage new MCF features
Once you’ve enabled the right settings, the “Only ship with non-Amazon branded boxes (‘blank box’)” and “Block Amazon Logistics as a carrier for this order” fields will be available on the “Ship Via FBA” page of an order (Orders>Manage Orders>select an order>in Actions menu select Ship via FBA>Go). There are three options:
- Do Not Send (default) – The field will not be sent in the request and your default settings will be used.
- Not Required – This will indicate that the feature is not necessary for this order.
- Required – This will request that Amazon accommodates this feature for the order.
This application is offered by a third-party service provider that is not affiliated with Amazon. The information we are providing on this page is solely testimonial. Use the information if you feel it is helpful.