In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions on how to process an MCF return. The MCF return process is the same for Amazon sellers and sellers who do not sell on Amazon.com.
Processing an MCF return
When a customer contacts you to initiate a return of an MCF order, you can choose to follow your own returns process or ask the customer to ship the return directly to Amazon to be incorporated into your Amazon inventory.
To initiate a return to Amazon, follow these steps:
- Open your Seller Central account.
- From the side menu, choose Orders, and then Manage Orders.
- In the Order ID search box, enter the MCF Order ID and click Search. Click the Order ID hyperlink under Order details column.
- On the MCF Order Details page, click on the Return tab.
- Select the return quantity for the item(s) your customer wants to return.
- Indicate the return reason for the item(s).
- Once complete, a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form will be generated. The form contains two sections:
- Return Mailing Label: This section contains the address of the Amazon fulfillment center that will receive and process the return. Ask your customer to stick the label on their package to return back to Amazon. Note: Postage is not provided on the return mailing letter. You or the customer must purchase postage and send the item(s) back to Amazon.
- Return Authorization Slip: This section contains a barcode and item description for the products being returned. The slip must be included inside the return package alongside the items.
Once the return is received by Amazon, our associates will validate the state of the product. If it’s deemed to be in a sellable condition, the unit will be added back into your Amazon inventory. If the unit is unsellable, you must follow Amazon removals procedure to receive the defective product. Read more about the required removal process here.
Handling customer refunds
You are responsible for handling customer refunds for MCF orders, because order placement and payment occurred outside of Amazon.
Checking return status
After initiating a return, you can check the Return Status tab on the Order Details page to view details on the return, or view the customer returns report by entering the MCF Order ID in the Amazon Order ID attribute and setting the Event Date as last 365 days. The page will indicate if the return has been received by Amazon, and the condition of the item.
Utilizing integrations for returns management
Another option for managing returns is through ReturnGO’s integration with MCF. This integration provides a robust return solution that will enable you to efficiently manage returns and exchanges to MCF locations worldwide. With ReturnGO’s automated, AI-powered return portal, you can customize and optimize your returns management process, simplify operations, and improve customer experience. ReturnGO also enables you to use analytics and actionable insights to help you reduce returns, and optimize your returns workflow, which can increase your bottom line.
Additional details on the ReturnGO integration can be found here.
This application is offered by a third-party service provider that is not affiliated with Amazon.